Sweet and Sour Chicken-Stir Fry

Recently, when going through my grandmothers recipes I came across this recipe for a sweet and sour chicken. Evidently this is a recipe that my mom and aunt used to make. Since I LOVE chicken I thought I would give it a try.

This is one of the easiest meals.Sweet and Sour Chicken

Ingredients:
2 whole chicken breasts, boned, cut into shivers
2 Tablespoons oil
1 carrot thinly sliced (I threw in two)
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 small green pepper-cut into strips
1 cup chicken broth
1 Tablespoon vinegar
4 green onions sliced
1 Tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
1 Tomato chopped (I didn't include this)

In skillet heat oil, stir in chicken and carrots. Stir fry for several minutes. Add mushrooms, peppers, onions. Cook for 1 minute
Pour in bouillon, vinegar, sugar and salt.

Dissolve cornstarch in soy sauce. Add to mixture. Stir in tomatoes.

Cover pan. Cook on low heat several minutes or until done.

Serve over rice.

Comments

Popular Posts