Pizza Night

While I was growing up Friday night was always pizza night. I can count on one hand how many times we ordered pizza. Instead we made our own pizza. Not only do you get to choose the crust you like, choose your favorite toppings, you save money, but you also create a family memory as everyone can become a part of the pizza making process.
Often I'll pick up a couple balls of pizza dough from Trader Joe's (it's under $1.00) and place them in my freezer, so that we can have pizza anytime. My mom recently found this recipe in a magazine for a thin pizza dough. It's really great.


Pizza Crust
3/4 c. warm water 1 pkg yeast
    1/2 t. honey (or a pinch of sugar) so the yeast will grow
      Pinch of salt
        1 T. oil-I use olive oil
          2 c. flour

            Dissolve yeast in warm water. Add honey, salt, oil and flour. Knead for several minutes.

            Divide into 2 balls. Cover. Place in refrigerator over night. Since Chris and I can only eat one pizza at a time I freeze other ball and use it later. The pizza dough will rise over night. Roll out the pizza dough directly on your pizza pan or on a cheese cloth. Place on greased pizza pan (I like to use a pizza stone) and proceed with your favorite sauce and toppings. I LOVE the Trader Joe's pizza sauce. It's only $1.99 and it's extremely good. I love mozzarella cheese. Place your favorite topping on the pizza. We like pepperoni and mushrooms. I like to sprinkle Parmesan chese on top, then drizzle olive oil over the pizza.Bake in 500 oven for 8-10 minutes. This is a classic New York style crust...very thin.

            Comments

            Popular Posts