Childhood Favorite-Russian Lasagna


I've been asked by so many people when I was going to start blogging recipes again. With a young baby it's been tough just getting dinner on the table. Blogging the meal is just an added step that I haven't had time for. Now that we're finally in a good routine I'm able to do some blogging.

Recently I decided that I was going to get back to preparing meals from my grandmothers recipe boxes. I came across this meal that was my Aunt Joyce's. I grew up with her and my mom making the lasagna.

When I told my mom I was going to blog the meal she went looking for a picture of me as a child eating the lasagna. We couldn't find the picture. If we come across it I'll add it later to this post. I remember the picture to be really funny, as I have the dinner all over my face. Instead, here's a picture of my with my Aunt Joyce and mom.

When I made it for Chris the other night he fell in love with the meal. Not only is the meal extremely easy, but it's YUMMY!!!

I look forward to feeding the meal to my son in the next year or so, as we introduce solids to him.

Russian Lasagna

Ingredients:
2 Tab Margarine/Butter
2 lbs ground beef
1 clove garlic
3 oz. cream cheese (I went ahead and used the entire package)
1 cup sour cream
2 cups cooked noodles (I used egg noddles)
32 ounces pasta sauce
1 large can mushrooms (I used fresh mushrooms)
1 tsp salt (or garlic salt)
1 tsp sugar
pepper
2 bunches scallions
1/2 cup grated cheese (put on top)

Melt the margarine and brown the meat.
Add crushed garlic, pepper, sugar, and pasta sauce.

Cook slowly covered for 15 minutes.

Cook noodles and drain. Add pasta to the sauce.
Chop scallions and mix with cream cheese and sour cream.
Mix the sauce, the noodles and the cream cheese mixture.
Place in casserole dish. This recipe made a lot of food, so I placed half of it in a freezer safe dish and placed in the freezer for another meal.
Sprinkle with cheddar cheese on top.
Bake for 20-30 minutes in a 350 degree oven.

If you're doubling, don't double the noodles.



Comments

Popular Posts