Frozen Mocha Cheesecake

Over the past few weeks various people have asked me when I'm going to get back into blogging. My answer has been that I would get back to cooking when I have my own kitchen back. Well, that day has come and I'm finally able to rediscover one of my favorite past times.

As a thank you to our parents for all their help recently we decided to have them for dinner. I made my favorite Roast recipes.

For dessert I made one of my childhood favorites, frozen mocha cheesecake.

Prepare Crust:

1 1/4 cup chocolate cookie crumbs (I use Oreo cookies)
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup melted butter

Crush cookies in food processor.
Mix cookies with melted butter and sugar. Press cookie mixture into 9" spring form pan.
Place in freezer to chill.
While the crust in chilling, make the filling.

Filling:
8 oz cream cheese
14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
2/3 cup chocolate flavored syrup
2 T. instant coffee
1 teaspoon hot water
1 cup whipped whipping cream

In large bowl-beat the cream cheese
Add the chocolate syrup.
Add the sweetened condensed milk.
Dissolve coffee in hot water and add to the mixture. In a separate bowl beat the whipped cream.
Fold in cream.
Pour batter over crust.
Cover with foil and freeze for at least 6 hours.

Comments

Popular Posts