The Perfect Roast

On February 14, 2005 I met my friend Steph. You might ask how I remember that date. How can one not remember meeting a great friend on Valentines Day? Steph came to my team at Booz Allen and we quickly became friends. Steph and I are very different, yet we're great friends. Steph is an only child, raised in a small town in PA. I introduced her to scrapbooking and now she blames me for introducing her to an addiction. One of the first times Steph had me over for dinner she made this amazing roast. I couldn't get over how tender the roast was. It practically melted in my mouth.

If you're looking for an EASY meal, that you can leave in the crock pot while you're at work, and will blow your family/friends away, try this roast.

One might ask what makes this roast different from others...It's the coke. The roast soaks up all the sugar from the coke and makes it extremely tender.

Ingredients:
Roast (I found a roast at Wegmans for under $10)
2 cans of Coke
Lipton Onion Mix
Garlic or Garlic Powder
Salt/Pepper
Mushrooms
Potatoes-Cut into cubes
Carrots-Peal and cut to the desired size.
Seasoning- I found different seasoning to add, such as a garlic powder, onion powder. This is a great recipe to have fun with and try different seasonings.

Place the roast and all the ingredients in a crock pot.

Cook on low for 8-10 hours!

Your house will smell AMAZING!!

Comments

Popular Posts