Chicken Divan

This has become one of our favorite meals. Chris and I even find ourselves fighting over the leftovers.

There are so many names for this meal and so many different versions. This is by far my favorite adaption of the meal.

Chicken Divan (Chicken, Broccoli and Cheese Casserole)

Ingredients:
Cooked boneless chicken 5-6 pieces
1 bag of broccoli
1 can cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup of mayo
1/4 cup of milk
1/2 cup of grated cheese (I use whatever I have in the frig...I prefer cheddar)
1 tsp of lemon juice
Bread crumbs or Ritz crackers
1 Tb of curry

Cook chicken-Many people cook their chicken on the stovetop. I prefer to cook the chicken in the oven. Place the chicken on a cookie sheet, drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook in the oven @375 degrees for 30 minutes.Break the chicken into small pieces.

Place broccoli on bottom of 9X13 casserole dish. Often I use less chicken and broccoli and prepare the meal in a smaller casserole dish.

Place chicken on top of the broccoli.

Mix soup, mayo, milk, cheese, curry, and lemon juice in a bowl.

Pour over broccoli/chicken.

Sprinkle some cheese over top.

Sprinkle bread crumbs on top.

Bake for 30 minutes @350 degrees.


Comments

  1. I have Jeannie's recipe for this dish and thought I would try yours since it has curry in it-loved that extra little kick! James loved it too-so easy! and made for great leftovers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts