Overnight Crunch Coffee Cake

When going through my grandmothers recipes I came across another recipe from my mom. Not only is this coffee cake extremely easy, but it's YUMMY!!! I made the cake for our Sunday school class and it seemed to be a big hit. Unfortunately, Chris was sick today with a virus, so he wasn't able to try the cake. I guess I'll just have to save him a piece

Overnight Coffee Cake


Ingredients:
2 cups flour
1 tsp soda
1 tsp baking powder
2/3 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
2 eggs
1 cup buttermilk

Sift flour, baking powder, soda, 1 tsp cinnamon and salt.

Cream together butter, sugar and 1/2 cup brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add dry ingredients alternately with buttermilk beating well after each addition. Spread batter in greased and floured 13x9x2" baking pan.

Combine 1/2 cup brown sugar, nuts (I didn't use), 1/2 tsp. cinnamon and 1/4 tsp. nutmeg. Mix well. Sprinkle over batter.

Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.

Bake in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.

Comments

  1. Max asked me to make a Crumb Cake for his birthday which is April 17. I was going to go and look through my Mom's recipes to see if she had any. I'm going to sample this and see if he likes it. If so, it will be his b-day cake. Thanks for sharing! I love your recipe blogs! Keep em up! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts