Moore Carrot Cake

Some people live their whole lives without a mother. Never in my wildest dreams did I believe that I would be so blessed to have two mothers in my life, my mom and my mother-in-law. Both are amazing Proverbs 31 women.
If you know my mother-in-law than you know that she is often called the cake lady, as she makes AMAZING cakes. She actually made our wedding cake. Well, one of her best cake recipes is for carrot cake. I've always loved carrot cake, but have actually never made one from scratch. So, I thought I would give it a try.

Here's my mother-in-laws recipe for carrot cake. To make this recipe fuller she actually makes a recipe in a half. Here's the regular recipe:

Moore Carrot Cake

Ingredients:
2 C. flour
2 T. Baking Powder
1 ½ t. cinnamon
2 t. soda
1 C. oil
2 C. brown sugar
4 eggs
1 C. chopped nuts
3 C. grated carrots fairly tight packed

Frosting:
1 8-oz. package cream cheese
1/2 C. margarine
1 lb. box powdered sugar
2 t. vanilla

My wonderful husband gave me a food processor for Christmas. It came in handy when making the cake, as I was able to grate the carrots in the processor, which took no time at all. It beats hand grating 4 1/2 cups of carrots.

Mix dry ingredients; add oil and blend. Add eggs one at a time and beat after each addition. Add carrots and nuts and blend well.
Spray a 9x13 or 2-9" layer pans with non-stick spray. You can also cut out parchment paper or wax paper and place on the bottom of the cake pan. This will help avoid the cake bottom from falling apart when you take the cake out of the pan after it's cooked.

Pour the cake batter into your pans.

Bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes. Don't over bake the cake. I begin watching the cake about 35 minutes into the process, as to avoid burning the cake. My mother-in-law likes to cut off the top of the cake layers. This gives you a flat cake top. It's really personal preference. This is how the cake looks with the top cut off. Cool completely, before frosting.

Mix frosting together until smooth and spread on cooled cake.

Comments

Popular Posts