Sitting Still

Many of you may know that I have a hard time sitting still. I tend to take on multiple projects and responsibilities and my life is never dull. When Chris and I began dating we decided to take on the project of organizing our high school reunion. Right before the reunion we became engaged and thus took on the planning of our wedding. In between those projects we traveled to Colorado, Tennesee, South Carolina, North Carolina and a few other places. So, as you can imagine we don't have a lot of down time. Well, my world was shaken a little when three days before our wedding I was diagnosed with mono. I found myself waking up with little energy. Here I had just spent 6 months planning and organizing every little detail of our wedding and now I was forced to rely on our friends and family to take over.

Now, almost three weeks later I find myself working from home, at the suggestion of my wonderful boss. As much as I love working in my pj's, from my home office, I'm about to go crazy. It's almost 12:00 and I find that I need a nap. How sad is that! I'm about ready to fall asleep at my computer.

This whole experience has really caused me to think about slowing down and being still. How often are we run ragged in our lives? How often do we place Christ on the backburner, because we're so busy? How often do we tell Him that we'll get to Him later

I guess I better listen to my body and go lay down.

Comments

Popular Posts