Fall In Virginia

Fall in Virginia has officially arrived. Today is October 16 and four weeks ago today I married my best friend. As we reflect on the past few weeks we find that our lives have already been a roller coaster ride. In four weeks we've had a wedding, traveled to Maine for our honeymoon, fought through mono, returned to our hectic work scheduled, moved in together, spent hours writing thank you notes for all the beautiful wedding gifts, celebrated birthdays for two parents, and began to figure out this thing called marriage.
Before Chris and I got married my mom kept telling him that I couldn't cook and that it would be tough for a while. Well, evidently I've surprised everyone with how well I can cook. If only people had asked me before whether or not I could cook. As an educated person, who can read a cookbook and has common sense, as well as spending hours in the kitchen with my mom for almost 30 years I can actually put a decent meal on the table. As I begin to figure out our work schedule and plan out our meals for the week, I find that I want to try and save as much money as possible, something that is difficult in this area. One of my favorite place to shop for groceries is Trader Joe's. If you've never been to Trader Joe's you need to find one. Not only is their inexpensive, but it's not all full of artificial chemicals. They only carry their brand of products and as a result they are able to keep the cost down.

Now that Chris and I are finally settled in our apartment, adjusting to life after the honeymoon, and adjusting to living with one another, we're able to enjoy the fall. We're excited to see what the falls has in store for us. We're already talking about helping to teach a young marrieds class, we're planning our costumes for the church harvest fest (watch out, the costumes were purchased today and they are out of this world), and so many other amazing things.

Until later...

Comments

Popular Posts