Dirt

This past Saturday was my mother-in-laws birthday. As a way to celebrate, the family went to Lunga Park at Quantico Marine Base for a cookout. If you know my mother-in-law than you know that she is the queen of cakes. She actually made our wedding cake. Well, my father-in-law asked that I bring the cake to the birthday celebration. As you can imagine I was very hesitant to make a cake for the cake lady. So, at the suggestion of my husband, I decided to make his favorite dessert, dirt. Yes, I said dirt. I actually place the dirt in a large flower pot.

Here's the recipe. Once you bring this to a party, you're guests will never want you to bring anything else. When I make this recipe in the large flowerpot I double the recipe.

Mix together:
8 ounces cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
1 stick butter/margarine

Mix together:
2 boxes french vanilla and chocolate pudding
3 1/2 cups milk
1 12 ounce cool whip
Combine the ingredients.

Place crushed oreo's on the bottom of pan/flowerpot.
Cover cookies with half of pudding mixture.Place another layer of cookies over the pudding mixture.

Place the rest of the pudding mixture on top.

Top with remaining of cookies.

Place gummy worms through the top.

Now you can create a lasting memory with your family. There is nothing like showing up to a family event with a flowerpot and explaining to your family that you brought the dessert.

Comments

Popular Posts