Rainy Wednesday

If I knew then what I know now, I would have stayed in bed.

As my body slowly woke this morning, to the pitter-patter of the rain, the soft lure of the Christian radio station and the sound of my husband waking up, I had a sudden desire to roll over and go back to sleep. If only I had the luxury to go back to sleep and worry about work later. In the perfect world and job I'll be able to make my own hours and sleep until my body is ready to wake up.

As is the custom now in our house, the alarm goes off at 5:30, earlier than the birds even wake up. This gives me time to run out the door by 6:30, still earlier than the birds wake up. Now that's it's fall it's still dark at 6:30, which makes it even harder to get up at the crack of dawn. This morning the rain made it difficult to want to leave the warmth of my home.

As I parked my car in the local commuter parking lot it began to pour, so I had to make a run for it to avoid getting too wet. What I didn't count on was the WIND. As I ran through the parking lot my umbrella became more of a nuisance and I couldn't avoid getting drenched. As I jumped into a car and was able to check out how wet I had become in the time it took to get from my truck to my carpool.....I realized that my clothes were completely soaked....from my shoes to my skirt....to my hair....not a way to start a day.

So, now I sit here with a skirt that won't stay up, due to the weight of the water pulling it down and shoes that are so wet they are trying to form to my feet.

With all said and done....
I'm thankful for the rain!

Comments

Popular Posts