Open Faced Sandwich.

This is another recipe that reminds me of my childhood. If you grew up as a military brat than you understand when I say that it was difficult considering anyone place home. No matter where we were stationed in the world, there was one place we could go that never changed. That one place become the constant in our lives. That place was my grandparents home in Connecticut. Every summer we would spent a few weeks visiting my grandparents. My brother and I would spend our days swimming, visit the local flee market, shop with my grandmother, attend vacation Bible study and best of all--EAT! We had everything from my grandfathers famous fried chicken, Grandma's meatballs, amazing chocolate chip cookies (which I still can't duplicate-I'm convinced she never gave me the complete recipe), and open faced sandwiches.

This is a great summer recipe, especially if you have fresh tomatoes in your garden.

Open Faced Sandwich

Ingredients:

Bread
Tomatoes-sliced
Bacon-cooked
Cheese slices
Place bread on a cookie sheet.

Turn your oven onto BROIL.

Place bread in oven until toasted.

Cut up the tomatoes.
Place the tomatoes on each slice of bread.
Place 1 or 2 pieces of cheese over tomatoes.
Cook bacon.
Place bacon on top of cheese.
Place cookie sheet in oven until cheese melts.

Serve with your favorite chips, fruit and a tall glass of iced tea.

Comments

Popular Posts