Grandma Blyeth's Chocolate Chips Cookies

As long as I've known Chris' mom she's made these amazing cookies. The recipe is her mothers recipe, hence the name "Grandma Blyeth's Chocolate Chips Cookies". Well, when I learned that they are Chris' favorite I decided that I had better learn to make them like his mom. The first few times I struggled. We joke that Chris mom left an ingredient out of the recipe. There is an episode of "Everybody Loves Raymond" when Ray's wife, Deborah tries making one of her mother-in-laws recipes and it doesn't turn out, because the mother-in-law purposely leaves an ingredient out of the recipe. For months I was convinced that was the case with my mother-in-law. Well, I believe I finally perfected the recipe. I learned to not leave the cookies in the oven as long as the recipes says. Also, I used a little bit more flour.

This weekend I wasn't planning on making cookies, as Chris and I can only eat so many cookies. Well, my mom is out of town and my dad is fending for himself. Yesterday he called my mom to say she needed to come home, because he was out of cookies. haha!! That's my dad for you. So, I figured I needed to fulfill my daughterly duties and make come cookies so that my mom can relax and not worry my dad starving. :)

Grandma Blyeth's Chocolate Chip Cookies
  • 4 sticks and 2 T. margarine (This recipe is best with margarine...not butter)
  • 2 C. sugar
  • 2 C. brown sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 4 t. vanilla
  • 6 C. flour (Flour can be adjusted, more flour makes a softer cookie, less flour make a more spread, chewy cookie.)
  • 2 t. soda
  • 1 ½ t. salt
  • 24 oz. chocolate chips

Heat oven to 375°.

Mix thoroughly margarine, sugars, eggs, and vanilla.

Blend in remaining ingredients.

Drop rounded spoonfuls about the size of a large egg 2-3 inches apart onto an ungreased baking sheet. I prefer to place a sheet of parchment paper on the cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes or until light brown. I only left the cookies in for 8 minutes. It all depends on how hot your oven gets and how crispy or soft you want the cookies. Cool slightly before removing from baking sheet. Both cookie dough and baked cookies can be stored for 9 to12 months frozen.

Comments

Popular Posts