Bridal Shower-Imitation Omelet Dish

Another dish that I made for my friend Kathy's shower was one that I grew up eating.This is a dish that my mom always made for breakfast on holidays. It's extremely EASY and wonderful!!Imitation Omelet Dish

Ingredients:
10 slices bread, crust removed-Cut bread into 1/4's
1 lb cheddar cheese grated
3 eggs beaten
2 1/2 cups milk
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce

Directions:

Cut the crust off the bread. Then cut the bread into 1/4s.

I placed the crust into a baggy and then into the freezer, to use for bread crumbs later. Line the bottom of a large, greased dish with 1/2 of the bread.
Add a layer of 1/2 of the cheese.
Repeat the process again, so that you have two layers each of bread and cheese.

Add eggs to milk. Stir in salt, mustard and worcestershire sauce.
Pour over bread and cheese.

You can add sausage, ham or bacon to the top. I browned some sausage and put it on top.

Place in refrigerator 6 hours or overnight.

Bake 325 for 1 hour.

Comments

Popular Posts