Monster Cookies

Our church has a wonderful ministry to Chris' work. Once a month we take them fattening goodies! :) What better way to say thank you for your service, than to fill their tummies with sugar. Everytime I've baked for them I've made Chris' favorite dessert, chocolate chips cookies. Well, when I asked him yesterday what I should make, he requested Monster Cookies. If you've never had Monster Cookies, you're missing out on one of the best cookies. While I was growing up I used to request these cookies all the time. As I became older they were one of the first recipes I learned to make. Not only are they extremely easy to make, but they are filled with all my favorite cookie ingredients: chocolate chips, M&M's, oatmeal and peanut butter. Yummy!!

Monster Cookies

Ingredients:
4 cups of Oatmeal
3 eggs
1 cup of White Sugar
1/2 lb of Brown Sugar
4 oz M&M's (I never measure the M&M's and chocolate chips, I just pour the amount I desire.)
4 oz Chocolate Chips
2 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 Tablespoon Karo Syrup
1/4 Tablespoon Vanilla
1 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
1 cup Butter

Turn the oven on to 350 degrees.

Mix together the butter, sugars, peanut butter, eggs, soda, Karo Syrup, and vanilla.Add the oatmeal.
Add the chocolate chips and M&M's last.
Mix all the ingredients together.To make the perfectly rounded cookie, I use an ice cream scoop. Six ice cream scoop size dough balls will fit on a cookie sheet.
Bake for 10-12 minutes. My oven is extremely hot, so often I have to take the cookies out of the oven after 7 minutes.

Make 5 dozen cookies.

Comments

Popular Posts