Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas

This is another great recipe that I got from my friend Kels. Not only is it extremely easy, but it's wonderful. This morning I had an early dentist appointment, so I went into the office late. After my appointment I returned home to get ready for work. While I was home I decided to get dinner ready, so that I wouldn't have to do it when I got home. It worked out really well, since both Chris and I got caught at work late. When we got home I was able to throw this in the oven and have a meal in 30 minutes.

One of the reasons I chose this meal tonight was because our local grocery store had a deal on Purdue boneless chicken breast and I had a great coupon. I'm all about saving money at the grocery store.

Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas

Ingredients:
1 package small flour tortillas
3 or 4 chicken breasts-cooked and boned
1 large sour cream
2 small cans diced green chilies
2 cans cream of chicken soup
2 cups cheddar and jack cheeseBake chicken-I like to place the chicken on a cookies tray/pizza pan, drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake at 375 degree for about 30 minutes.
Cut chicken into bite size pieces.Mix the chicken with all the other ingredients. Save some of the mixture for later to spread over the top of the enchiladas.
Spoon mixture into heated tortillas. Fold the tortillas and place them into a baking pan (9x13). Place the tortillas so that the open part is on the bottom, that way they don't fly open.
Spoon your remaining mixture over the top of the enchiladas.
I like to sprinkle some more cheese over the top.
Bake (covered) at 350 degrees until hot-25 minutes/30 minutes aluminum.Watch your cheese when you take the foil off of the enchilades. Notice how some of my cheese came off. Chris was okay with that, as he quickly grabbed the cheese covered foil to devour.

Comments

Popular Posts