Mary Kay-St. Johns Cherry Cheesecake

When Chris and I got married we found ourselves torn during the holidays, not wanting to have to choose which family to spend the holidays with. We've been blessed with such an amazing family, one that doesn't mind combining family events/holidays. For Easter this year we had lunch at my parents. My mom asked me to make a dessert. After looking through my favorite recipes I decided on a recipe that my mom has been making since the mid-80's. 

As a Mary Kay consultant I was EXCITED to find this AMAZING recipe!!! 

In the mid-1980's my mom received her quarterly Mary Kay newsletter, which included a cheesecake recipe on the back. 

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/4 C. Graham Cracker Crumbs
  • 1/4 C. Sugar
  • 1/4 C. Butter, melted
  • 24 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
  • 3 Eggs
  • 1 C. Sugar
  • 1/2 tsp. Vanilla
  • 1 C. Sour Cream
  • 2 tbls. Sugar
  • 1 tsp. Vanilla
  • 21 oz. Can Cherry Pie Filling 
Mix graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar and melted butter together and press firmly into a 9" springform pan. 
Bake at 375 degrees for 8 minutes, cool. 
With a mixer, beat cream cheese well.
Slowly add 1 cup sugar. 
Add eggs one at a time and beat thoroughly after each egg.
Add vanilla.
Pour the mixture into cooled crust. 
Bake 20 minutes at 375 degrees. 
Remove and cool. 
Mix sour cream, 2 tablespoons sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla thoroughly. 
Spread over cooled cheesecake.
Bake 5 minutes at 525 degrees.
Let cool
Top with cherry pie filling


Comments

Popular Posts