Moore Fiber-Bran Muffins



When I was growing up I remember giving my parents a hard time about their daily habit of eating Bran cereal. I still laugh about how when we were stationed in Alaska my parents would buy 100% Bran cereal by the caseload. They had to specially order the cereal, as it wasn't something the Commissary normally carried. Well, years later I find myself craving the necessary fiber that I once I teased my parents about eating. Good thing I love Raisin Bran. It's just the 100% Bran that I can't seem to eat by itself. It reminds me of rabbit food.

Now that I'm eating for two I've been trying to educate myself about the proper nutrition needed in pregnancy. Well, everything I've read tells me that I need to be pushing the protein and fiber. When searching for recipes that are filled with fiber and protein my mom reminded
me a recipe she used to make for Bran Muffins. This was the one way I wouldn't mind eating
Bran Cereal while growing up.

The great thing about these muffins is that you can make the batter and store it in your refrigerator for up to 6 weeks. Then just make a couple muffins at a time. That way the muffins are fresh every time you eat them. How great is that!!

Refrigerator Bran Muffins

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil
2 eggs
2 cup buttermilk
2 1/2 cup flour
2 1/2 teaspoon soda
2 cups Kellogg's All Bran (I used Raisin Bran)
1 cup Nabisco 100% Bran
1 cup boiling water

Directions:

Mix all your ingredients, but the cereal and water.
Boil your water.

Pour your cereal into a heat safe bowl.
Pour the boiled water over the two cereals.
Cool and add to mixture. May add raisins, dates or nuts.
Pour batter into cupcake liners. My mom recently gave me the idea to use the jumbo cupcake liners. You use the same amount of batter and you still use the regular size cupcake pan, but the cupcakes expand more.
Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
This mix can be stored covered in the refrigerator for up to 6 weeks.

Makes 3 dozen muffins

Comments

  1. Meg,
    I am so glad you started blogging again. We are so excited for you and Chris and can't wait to see what God has for all three of you in the years ahead. Thank you for posting the recipe for the muffins. I really needed a good recipe even though I am not with child! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts