Moore Baby 2012

When I logged on today to blog I realized that it's been a long time since I last blogged.

Where did the last few months go?

What has happened in the lives of the Moore family since I last blogged in December 2011?

Well, our lives have been turned upside down. When Chris and I married a year and a half ago we knew that we one day wanted to start a family. We realized that we weren't getting any younger. At the same time we wanted to enjoy at least 2 years of marriage before starting a family. Well, after reading about starting a family and learning that it could take up to 2 years for some to conceive we decided to begin trying. Little did we know we would be blessed with a pregnancy as soon as we began to try.

As I write this blog on April 1, 2012 I am 15 weeks pregnant and extremely excited about what the future holds.

What changes will Chris and I face in the months and years ahead?? I could tell you what all the books have been telling me. I could tell you the stories and advice we've received from family and friends. I'm not sure anything will fully prepare us for parenthood. Chris and I spend hours
talking about how we want to raise our child, what traits we hope our child picks up from us and what traits and looks we hope he/she doesn't have. The only thing we know for sure is that our prayer is for our child to be raised in a loving home, with Christ at the center. Everything else will come in time.

Already, we've had to change our lives. The biggest change for me came last week when I sold my beloved Toyota Tacoma. It was sad saying goodbye, but I realized that I couldn't carry my baby around in a pickup truck.
Me standing with my truck, soon after getting it 3 years ago.

Now we have something more family friendly. At least I stayed in the Toyota family. :) Gotta love the police car behind me.

Now what???

As we look towards our future as parents we are filled with joy, excitement, fear, and so many other emotions. Chris and I were blessed with Godly examples as parents and our prayer is that we're able to instill in our children the same foundation that our parents instilled in us.

What about the blog???

Begin to expect to see recipes that are full of fiber and protein. That's going to be my diet for the next few months! Poor Chris!! :)

Comments

Popular Posts