Virgin Strawberry Daiquiri's

Last week Chris and I had the amazing blessing of traveling to the Western Caribbean with his parents. We spent 10 days cruising along the Caribbean on a Royal Caribbean ship. We had the opportunity to visit four different parts of the Caribbean, including the Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic and Haiti.

What an amazing blessing to spend time with my in-laws. They have brought me into their family and made me feel like I've always been a part of their family. What a relaxing time I had with my husband. We enjoyed getting to know one another even better and falling more in love. And what a wonderful time we had catching up on much needed sleep.
It's hard not getting depressed when we turn on the news and hear of the turmoil going on around the world. It breaks our hearts when we learn of hardships that our friends are going through. It should cause us to hold on tighter to those we love. None of us are guaranteed tomorrow. If this trip taught me anything, it's that I'm extremely blessed to be surrounded by an amazing family and I don't want to ever take that for granted.

In honor of our trip I thought I would share one of my favorite childhood drinks. Since it's Memorial Day today and the beginning of Summer this seems to be the most fitting recipe to share with you. Since this is G-rated blog I'll keep my recipes family friendly. While I was growing up my mom made these amazing drinks in the summer. My mom loves telling the story of when I was about 6-years-old and my grandmother was visiting us. We were shopping at the
Commissary (military grocery store), when I, in a very loud voice, loud enough for all shoppers around us to hear, told my mom that she shouldn't forget to pick up the stuff to make strawberry daiquiri's. I would love to step back in time to see the look on my grandmothers face when she heard her 6-year-old granddaughter talk about making strawberry daiquiri's. I'm sure it was priceless.

Try making one of our families favorite summer drinks...

Virgin Strawberry Daiquiri's

Ingredients:
Strawberry's (fresh or frozen)
Ice
Limeade (1 small can)
Seven-Up/Sprite/Ginger-ale (1 can)

Cut off the tops of the strawberries.
Throw the strawberries, ice, soda, and limeade in a blender.

Mix until the ice is crushed up and the strawberries have blended. Serve in your favorite glass.

Comments

Popular Posts