Easy Easy Beef Stroganoff



Growing up I can remember my mom making beef stroganoff. When Chris and I got married I dug out all my moms old recipes and I wrote down all my childhood favorites, so that I would have a copy of all of the recipes. Well, over the last few years I've made some of the old recipes, but then with Pinterest and newer cookbooks I've forgotten about the old favorites....until this week. 
When I made this last night Chris actually commented that it was very similar to a meal he had at Noodles & Company, but mine was better. I've trained him well. :) 

Ingredients: 
5 lbs stew meat, round or sirloin, cut into small pieces
3 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 cup sherry/wine (I usually have wine in the house, so that's my liquid of choice for this recipe)
1 envelope onion soup mix
Fresh mushrooms if desired
1 cartoon (12 ounces) sour cream (I ended up only using half a container, so just use your judgement)
Cooked rice or noodles (I prefer to use egg noodles)

The great thing about this recipe is that it doesn't require a lot of ingredients. It's also EXTREMELY easy to make....music to a busy moms ears! I also love any recipes that give me the chance to pull out my le creuset. If you don't have at least one of these pans, I HIGHLY encourage you to invest in one. They are amazing!!!
 You don't have to add mushrooms to this recipe, but I LOVE fresh mushrooms and often will look for recipes that call for mushrooms. When I was pregnant I never had food cravings, but if I had I'm sure I would have craved mushrooms. Yes, I know I'm CRAZY for loving a fungi....
Combine beef, mushrooms soup, sherry, onion soup and mushrooms in covered roasting pan, mix well.
Bake at 350 degrees for 3 hours.
Just before serving, stir in the sour cream.
Make up your favorite pasta or rice. I prefer to make egg noodles. 
Enjoy eating the meal with those you love...
Here's one my favorite dinner companions. Although he still just watches...


Comments

Popular Posts